Kandelic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My collections of anything related to whatever faith it is that I follow, I'm not really sure.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Moon Phases
CURRENT MOON
Latest topics
» Links on Animism
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 5:19 pm by Dormouse

» Chocolate Yule Log Recepies
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 pm by Miki

» Welcome?
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:38 pm by Dormouse

» Some of my Favorites
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm by Aurora

» Pagan and Wiccan Youtubers
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm by Dormouse

» Book of Shadows
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 pm by Dormouse

» Video Posting Guide
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 pm by Dormouse

» Four Beautiful Stories
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm by Dormouse

» Farmers Almanac
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm by Dormouse

Statistics
We have 30 registered users
The newest registered user is tamindia

Our users have posted a total of 46 messages in 25 subjects
Top posters
Dormouse
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies I_vote_lcapChocolate Yule Log Recepies I_voting_barChocolate Yule Log Recepies I_vote_rcap 
killerv1589
Chocolate Yule Log Recepies I_vote_lcapChocolate Yule Log Recepies I_voting_barChocolate Yule Log Recepies I_vote_rcap 
Reilly McDaniel
Jynjer
SilverWolfie
Aurora
Miki
mngypsy
Dragonfly
Clicker

Chocolate Yule Log Recepies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dormouse
Admin
Dormouse

Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Yule Log Recepies   Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Yule Log Cake Recipe

YULE LOG by Su Walker

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or a mixture of both)
1 cup flaked coconut
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 box chocolate cake mix (or homemade cake from scratch)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 can ready-to-spread chocolate frosting (or your own homemade frosting)
Green gummy candies and red hot cinnamon candies
Small Yule candles (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil; make sure that the foil lines the sides and bottom completely. Melt butter in the foil lined pan (I pop it in the oven and watch it carefully, then remove it when all is melted), sprinkle evenly with nuts and coconut, and drizzle the condensed milk on top.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs at high speed for 4 to 6 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. At a very low speed, gradually blend in water. Add the cake mix and blend for a minute or so more until all the dry ingredients are mixed. Pour this batter over the condensed milk and spread it out evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly in the center.

Lightly sprinkle a large kitchen towel with powdered sugar. Remove the cake from the oven, cover it with the sugared side of the towel, and immediately turn the cake upside down onto the towel. Remove the foil carefully; try not to disturb the hot filling on top. Begin with one of the short sides of the cake and gently roll up with the filling inside the roll. When you've rolled up the entire cake, wrap the towel around it and let it cool completely.

Ice with the chocolate frosting, then comb a fork through the frosting to fashion tree bark. Garnish with green gummy candies trimmed to look like holly leaves and use cinnamon candies for holly berries. Add Yule candles if yoy like. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

--------------------------------
Classic Yule Log
By: AUTUMN/FALL

Makes 10 servings
Ingredients

* 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 3 eggs, separated
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/8 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/8 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
* 8 ounces marzipan

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. Line with waxed paper. Grease paper.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
3. Beat together sugar and egg yolks at high speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, alternately beat milk and flour mixture into egg mixture.
4. Using clean beaters, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Fold one third of beaten whites into batter. Fold in remaining whites. Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
5. Bake cake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until set, 12 minutes.
6. Dust a clean cloth with confectioners' sugar. Turn cake out onto prepared cloth. Remove waxed paper. Trim cake edges. Starting with a long side, roll up cake, jelly-roll style. Transfer, seam-side down, to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
7. Unroll cake; remove cloth. Spread whipped cream over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Re-roll cake. Place, seam-side down, on serving plate.
8. To prepare frosting, in a small saucepan, bring heavy cream, melted chocolate, and butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring vigorously until blended. Remove from heat. Let stand until set. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
9. To prepare garnish, dust work surface with confectioners' sugar. Knead food coloring into marzipan until blended. Using a rolling pin dusted with confectioners' sugar, roll marzipan to a 1/8-inch thickness. Using a small knife, cut out leaves. Arrange leaves, cinnamon candies, and snowmen on top of cake and around plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!

Original Link: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/classic-yule-log/Detail.aspx

---------------------------------------

Chocolate Yule Log
By: Jenny Hughson

Prep Time:1 Hr 5 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 20 Min
Makes 12 servings

Ingredients

* 5 eggs, separated
* 1 cup sugar, divided
* 1/2 cup cake flour
* 1/4 cup baking cocoa
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
* MOCHA CREAM FILLING:
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
* MOCHA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 1/3 cup baking cocoa
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
* 2 tablespoons milk

Directions

1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper. Place egg whites in a small mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg yolk mixture until blended.
2. Beat egg whites on medium until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Stir a fourth into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites until no streaks remain.
3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off parchment paper. Roll up in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack. In a mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and coffee granules. Beat until stiff peaks form; chill. Unroll cooled cake; spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place on serving platter; chill.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cake. Using a fork, make lines resembling tree bark.

Original Link: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chocolate-yule-log/Detail.aspx

----------------------------------
Chocolate Yule Log from About.com

* 1 box chocolate cake mix, along with ingredients as called for
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
* 1 stick butter
* 16 oz. semi-sweet baker's chocolate
* 2/3 cup heavy cream
* Spearmint leaf jelly candies
* Cinammon red hots
* Mini marshmellows & chocolate kisses (optional)

Preparation:

Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, pour the batter out onto the paper, and spread until it reaches the edges. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until cake is firm and springy - be sure you don't overbake it!

Allow cake to cool in pan for ten minutes, then invert it onto a cloth towel dusted with powdered sugar. Peel off the parchment paper. Roll the cake up inside the cloth towel, starting with one of the short sides. Let the rolled-up cake cool completely on a wire rack.

While the cake cools, mix up the filling. This particular blend is a coffee-flavored variety that I adapted from a tiramasu recipe, but you can replce the coffee with cocoa if you prefer more chocolate. Blend the whipping cream, powdered sugar and coffee granules together to form the filling. Chill until thick and firm. After the cake has completely cooled, gently unroll the cake from the towel. Remove the towel, and spread the filling over one side of the cake, stopping about a half inch from the edge. Roll the cake back up -- this should be easy, since it cooled in a rolled-up form. Place the cake on a serving platter and allow to chill for a couple of hours.

To make the frosting, melt the butter in a double boiler and then add the chocolate. Once the chocolate has all melted, stir in the heavy cream. Let the icing sit at room temperature until it's a little thick. Spread on the cake, covering the entire roll, and then drag a fork through the icing to create a bark-like appearance on your log.

Add a couple of spearmint leaves and red hots to form clusters of holly on the log. If you'd like to add "mushrooms" to your log, stick a toothpick through a miniature marshmellow, and then poke it into the flat side of a chocolate kiss. Snip off the pointy part of the kiss, and you'll have a small mushroom. Use the toothpick to stick these on top of your log.

If you're not going to serve immediately, wrap the cake in loose plastic and refrigerate overnight. Allow the cake to sit out for about an hour before slicing.

Original Link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulecooking/r/ChocYuleLog.htm

-----------------------------------------

Chocolate Decadence Yule Log

By: BOOK_WORM

Prep Time:30 Min

Cook Time:30 Min

Ready In:2 Hrs

Makes 12 Servings

Ingredients

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
confectioners' sugar for dusting
4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur

Directions

[*]
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly spray a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan and line with parchment paper.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
[*]
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high for
several minutes until they are very pale and fluffy. Gradually add in
the sugar, beating 1 to 2 minutes more or until very thick. Gently, but
thoroughly, fold in the flour mixture.
[*]
Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low
heat. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of water with the 2
tablespoons coffee liqueur and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the
baking soda, then gradually stir into the melted chocolate until
smooth. Quickly, but thoroughly, fold chocolate mixture into batter.
[*]
Pour batter into prepared 10x15 inch pan. Bake at
350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted into the cake comes out clean. Lightly sift an even layer of
confectioners sugar over a cloth napkin or tea towel (do not use
Terry-cloth). Flip the cake out of its pan onto the prepared cloth as
soon as it comes from the oven. Carefully peel away parchment paper.
Lightly dust top of cake with confectioners sugar, then trim away crisp
edges. Starting with one of the short sides of the cake, immediately
roll the cake up in the cloth, jellyroll style, and cool thoroughly on a
rack.
[*]
For the Filling and Frosting: In a small saucepan
over low heat, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and let cool to
lukewarm. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the confectioners
sugar until smooth, then blend in the vanilla extract and coffee
liqueur. Blend in the melted chocolate. Unroll the cake and spread about
1/3 of the filling evenly over the surface. Roll the cake back up.
[*]
Arrange cake roll on serving tray, then frost
generously, swiping with an icing spatula to form the long 'bark line'
design. Swipe ends of cake in a circular motion to simulate the
tree-rings of a cut log. Decorate log as desired with holly leaves and
berries, mushrooms and snow.
[/list]Original Link: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chocolate-decadence-yule-log/Detail.aspx

-----------------------------------------------

I don't know about you, but I am REALLY hungry right now Chocolate Yule Log Recepies 198413

Have any other recipes?
Post them below!
Back to top Go down
https://kandelic.board-directory.net

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Yule Log Recepies   Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow this sounds so yummy!! I am so trying this next time I go grocery shopping!
Back to top Go down
Miki

Miki

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Yule Log Recepies   Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Wow this sounds so yummy!! I am so trying this next time I go grocery shopping!

I agree! It sounds SOO yummy!
Back to top Go down
http://wingedelf.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Yule Log Recepies   Chocolate Yule Log Recepies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Yule Log Recepies
Page 1 of 1